I am Sanjeev. I am currently doing Computer Science Engineering at the College of Engineering, Guindy.
I created this blog, intending only to put my thoughts down somewhere, in case I forget them later. And maybe perhaps, someone would find it useful, or perhaps, intriguing and spend a few minutes on my posts.
- “Campus Traffic Monitor”, that was judged as one of the top 20 projects in the IBM Great Mind Challenge. The Campus Traffic Monitor system aids in monitoring, recording and reducing the movement of vehicles inside a campus using Automated Number Plate Recognition Systems and a system for issuing passes for the visitors. It was also awarded the title of “Project K” at Kurukshetra 2008.
- Distributed storage system using Java as a part of the Distributed Systems project. It uses Transactional Memory built using the Transactional Locking mechanism, and a distributed B+ Tree. The distributed B+ Tree was developed by Marcos K. Aguilera and Wojciech Golab, at HP Labs, Paolo Alto.
- Implemented Software Transactional Memory using C++ for Multicore architectures mini project.
- Web Ops Chief of Kurukshetra 2010. Site is has been deployed at http://kurukshetra.org.in. The site was developed using PHP, Mysql and jQuery for various effects and Ajax. Various optimizations were implemented on the server-side including png crushing, js minimizing, js packing and gzip compression.
- Click-O-Mania – Data Structures project. Classic game developed using quad-linked list and breadth first search.
- A primitive keyboard – Digital Design project.
- Events Manager Application – Database systems project. A complete application for managing large scale symposiums such as Kurukshetra along with an automatic event scheduling.
- A simple text editor – System Software project. Written in C++ for the UNIX platform using the curses library.
- DICT server – Networks project. Thorough implementation of RFC 2229, including look up using regular expressions, soundex encoding and Levenshtein’s algorithm.